Date: October 8, 2020
What are the Different Type of Face Masks, and What Should I Wear?
Are face masks necessary? According to health experts, the answer is a resounding YES. It is highly recommended that everyone, regardless of exhibiting symptoms or whether they believe they may have contracted the virus, must wear a face mask in public. In fact, today it is mandatory to wear a mask or a face covering in a public space like stores, public transportation, shopping areas etc.
So, the question now is what type of masks are available and which one should I choose.
- N95 Respirators - A particulate-filtering face piece respirator that meets the N95 standard of the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health air filtration rating because it filters at least 95% of airborne particles. These masks provide protection against particulate matter but not against gases or oil. Is it reusable? No. This is a single-use mask only.
- Surgical Pleated Face Masks - A mask intended to be worn by healthcare professionals to prevent spread of bacteria shed in liquid droplets and aerosols from the wearer’s mouth and nose. Based on the efficiency of filter used in the masks they are classified into Level 1, 2 or 3 masks. These are one of the highly recommended versions for the general public to wear on a day-to-day basis.
Is it reusable? No. This is a single-use mask only but can be used in an extended fashion.
- Homemade Cloth Face Mask Coverings – These are simple bandanas, scarves, and clothes that cover the nose and mouth - that can be both homemade or those made at a commercial scale.
Is it reusable? Yes! These are reusable; but need to be regularly cleaned.
· Face shields - These are ideal for full face protection and can be used on top of a mask.
Is it reusable? Yes! These are reusable but need to be cleaned regularly.
Facemasks at Ronco:
At Ronco, we produce masks of the highest quality and precision. We continue to innovate and have exceeded market needs by adding necessary changes to the orientation and design so people can wear it with ease and have the highest level of comfort.
- PRO-TEC 3-ply Pleated Procedure Masks are made from non-woven polypropylene and ideal for non-sterile medical and dental procedures. Their soft pleated material is fluid-resistant and offers "cool breathing" comfort at 99% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE).
- Maskin N95 has an exclusive design that contours with the natural shape of the face minimizing pressure points and comfortably fits a variety of face shapes and sizes. Offers 95% filtration efficiency against solid particulates and non-petroleum based liquid aerosols.
- PRO-TEC Dust Masks are designed to provide comfortable, reliable protection in lightweight industrial, janitorial, or painting applications against the inhalation of dust particles, cleaner or light chemical fumes.
- Nova Face Shields are ideal for full-face protection from direct splash. The shield is made of high-quality thermal plastic (APET – Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate) and provides unparalleled transparency for perfect anti-glare visibility.